Monday, June 21, 2010

Back Up and Running


Can you believe it has been 3 weeks since I last posted?? I really need to get back into my old routine. I miss my little online diary.

I have had good reason for being away, my friends. My life has been a little bit of a crisis lately. Drama Queen, I know, but as crisis' go I have been having one. My back and not being able to go home because of it is a big drag!! Then to have a allergic reactions to the pain killers that were keeping the pain sedated enough just was over the edge!! Crisis!!

But the thing I miss the most is being able to run in and out of the pool with Punka and being able to carry Little Man around in my sling. I miss those little things that make me "Mom".

Yes, I am still Mom; but I am on a little hiatus in responsibility. Grammy, Nana, Mema (Punka calls her More Nana) and Papa - the reinforcements - have been called in. They all have to take shifts because my children exhaust them. I think my children are actually really well behaved - imagine if they were not!!

I guess sometimes it just takes a Mom to be able to wake up everyday at 5a with your (almost) 3 year old and to go to bed every night at midnight with your 2 month old and never think it is unusually or too exhausting that you just can not do it one more day. No, there is never that option. So you keep busy, you make friends, you take your kids to the park just for a little sanity from the chaos of being a Mom.

As I sit in my "cripple" chair and look at my rolling walker and crutches - I reminisce only because I truly do miss it. I miss being Mom. Being everything my kids depend on. I look newly at my complaints and think, "wow wouldn't I love getting back there".

Those 2 little squirts turning my mother's house inside out are the best things that have ever existed in my eyes - and I will welcome the chaos with open arms!! When I am back up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment