Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Apocalypse

Ok so if the Apocalypse was to ever happen my family would be on the short end of the stick for sure.  Imagine if all the electricity was to just turn off, what would you do??  Would you have enough to survive?  We learned today that we wouldn't.

We were cooling down from a great birthday party for my now 5 year old daughter.  We needed to pay the place.  Not a problem - or so we thought.

We took a look at the paperwork found the price ok, the clerk pulled up the party and so on and so forth and then I passed her my debit card.  She ran it thru, everyone is happy and chatty.  Things are going great then all of a sudden "DECLINE" comes up.  "What!!!  not possible, try again" and again it is declined.  "Maybe its my card try my husbands (even though it is the same account)".  The clerk is very nice and she tries.  Again "DECLINED".  Now we are not only baffled we are worried, embarrassed and down right pissed.  We had just switched to our bank a month ago and my husband gets paid the same day every month direct deposit, which just happens to have been 2 days ago.  I start dialing the bank, my husband gets online.

"If you would like to speak to a Customer Service Rep press 2." beep
"All CSRs are currently busy please stay on the line" 🎵🎵
I wait.... and wait.... all of a sudden music stops
"We are currently having a high volume of calls, please try back later or leave your number and your call will be returned in 15min"

"ERGH!!!!!!!!"😡

My husband passes me his cellphone which says that we have plenty of money in the acct.  "What do we do???"  We make it a point not to have credit cards...  if we do not have the cash we do not buy sort of thing.  Thank goodness for my mother in law, she comes in on her gallant horse and says, "we will put it on my card and you can pay me back".

Ok so we pass the clerk my mother in laws card.  "DECLINE - CALL" - what in the world is going on!!!  This is not shaping out to be a good afternoon.  "I think I didn't activate the card yet - let me call them" - she calls, they activate, card swipes again - bingo!!!  It's like we won the lottery.

Now that we have gone through this ordeal my husband and I say "Bank - now!!"  So we stop at the bank.

"We had a power outage at our processing center, all cards are being decline" - I wipe the sweat from my brow - thank goodness it wasn't something like someone stole our identity that froze or drained our acct.  But on the other hand - it is 2012 - seriously they don't have a back up plan???

Now its "to Bank or not to Bank" - which ends in definitely Bank.  But if something drastic happens we are S-C-R-E-W-E-D!! 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment